Michael Saylor is not satisfied with having advised Elon Musk to buy Bitcoin. He wants to spread his message to many more people around the World.
In a recent tweet, Michael Saylor announced that he was launching a course for anyone interested in understanding what Bitcoin is, its logic, and its importance. The course is 100% free of charge and is available on the Saylor Academy platform, a non-profit organization created by Michael Saylor.
Introducing Bitcoin for Everybody – a free course to educate the world on #bitcoin and assist anyone seeking to harness this digital monetary network to promote economic empowerment. https://t.co/iqxv3vjHpg pic.twitter.com/VJz1kHiS8a
— Michael Saylor (@michael_saylor) February 9, 2021
Bitcoin Adoption Requires Education
The “Bitcoin for Everybody” program is 12 hours long, with didactic videos aimed at beginners. It includes 5 Units and offers the option to receive a free certification upon passing a final exam.
For those interested, the course covers the following topics:
- Unit 1: Bitcoin Economics: Explores the current financial environment and how the financial system works, the mistakes of the past -and the present- and the environmental impact of bitcoin.
- Unit 2: Bitcoin Investment: Examines the basics of bitcoin, whether it is a Ponzi scheme or not, and how people and corporations can use it in an investment strategy.
- Unit 3: Bitcoin History and Philosophy: Elaborates on the theoretical and ideological foundations behind the movement that gave birth to Bitcoin.
- Unit 4: Bitcoin Technology: Discusses the technical aspects that make Bitcoin a secure way to store and transmit value in a decentralized, trustless, and encrypted manner.
- Unit 5: Bitcoin in Practice: Explains how to incorporate Bitcoin into everyday life, how to buy/sell Bitcoin, send transactions between wallets, avoid scams, etc.
Saylor’s efforts to educate people about Bitcoin have paid off. Shortly before announcing this course, MicroStrategy – his company – held the World.Now virtual summit. Saylor’s “Bitcoin for Corporations” program successfully attracted 8,197 attendees from 6,917 different enterprises.
Michael Saylor is Risking a Lot With His Bitcoin Strategy
But Saylor is not doing this work for the love of it. His corporate strategy has taken a complete turn after reconsidering Bitcoin’s potential as a store of value. With this premise, he publicly introduced himself to Elon Musk on Twitter, offering to share his “playbook” confidentially.
What came next was history. Tesla also changed its investment strategy by announcing a massive Bitcoin purchase and the possibility of accepting BTC as a means of payment in the future. All of this culminated with Bitcoin prices skyrocketing to new all-time highs in record time and MicroStrategy’s stock price soaring as well.
It is easy to see why Bitcoin maximalists closely follow Saylor’s steps. If he succeeds in spreading his message he will have a more than deserved fortune. He would also earn a spot as one of the biggest influencers in the cryptocurrency world.
credits to respective author, owner and/or publisher – via https://cryptopotato.com/